Below is a list of books that I’ve read and believe are great resources for any software development professional. I discovered a lot of these books as recommendations from colleagues, through references within the books themselves, and from the helpful suggestions of Amazon.com.
Agile Software Development
- User Story Mapping - Jeff Patton
- Agile Software Development: Principles, Patterns, and Practices - Robert C. Martin
- The Art of Agile Development: Pragmatic Guide to Agile Software Development - James Shore
- Managing Software Debt: Building for Inevitable Change - Chris Sterling
- Essential Scrum: A Practical Guide to the Most Popular Agile Process - Kenneth S. Rubin
- The Mythical Man Month: Essays on Software Engineering - Fredick P. Brooks Jr.
- The Clean Coder: A Code of Conduct for Professional Programmers - Robert C. Martin
- Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship - Robert C. Martin
- The Pragmatic Programmer: From Journeyman to Master - Andrew Hunt
- The Software Craftsman: Professionalism, Pragmatism, Pride - Sandro Mancuso
- Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code - Martin Fowler
- Test Driven Development: By Example - Kent Beck
- Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software - Erich Gamma, Richard Helm, Ralph Jonson, John Vlissides